February 21, 2008 § 4 Comments
(“cup of tea”, 8″ x 5″, charcoal)
I was just having a nice cup of tea and thinking about what I could tell you about myself since I have been tagged again by Doudy. Those of you who read my blog more often know that I had been tagged by Dave some months ago, too. So a little bit late, but here it is 5 random things about myself:
- My first fav. medium had been soft pastels (aka “dusties“). They were so bright, so wunderful easy to apply, they blended well —- but then I had to realize that they just wouldn’t like to remain on the paper, in fact they seemed more attracted to my carpet. I tried fixing them, but didn’t like it since the fixative sprays tends to darken the colors. So I sold my complete set on ebay.
- I am collecting fountain pens. At least that’s the only explanation why I do own more than 50 of these writing instruments.
- Silvia is my real given name and I am a twenty-something (well, you don’t ask a woman’s age )
- I’ve started drawing and painting more regularly only 14 months ago. It has been an amazing experience for me to see how fast my painting skills have improved in this short period of time and I am very curious to see where I’ll be in one year from now 🙂 ).
- My natural hair color is red, but I prefer to wear it dyed brunet at the moment.
Now it’s my turn to tag 5 others, but since I don’t like being tagged I’ll leave this one up to you my dear readers. If some of you would like to be tagged, just leave a comment to this post and I’m going to tag you :)!
June 11, 2007 § 7 Comments
edm 123 – bell
This brazen beauty is a souvenir from Spain. Or was it Portugal? Or Andorra? I’m not sure about that anymore. However, it is handmade and a beautiful decoration for our backyard :).
June 3, 2007 § 7 Comments
Some months ago I sold my set of pastels on eBay. I was tired of them, they were just so …dusty and ….messy and …damageable. (And we have these white carpets, you know…) Furthermore the finished paintings are so difficult to store and they always have to be framed. To cut it short, I have been very happy that I finally got rid of them.
Yesterday however I was visiting my local art supply store and came across this very, very cheap set of pastels. As I said they were cheap and I loved their touch and their grip on the paper… so I bought them.
Now, after having finished my first painting with them I’ve come to the conclusion that they are dusty, messy and damageable. The pigments are beautiful, but won’t stay solely on the paper and I just don’t know how and where to store this painting. (Not talking about the poor white carpet)
Why do we always make the same mistakes again?!
Maybe I’m addicted to art material.
EDM 96 – Draw something sweet: licorice.
I think there are just two kinds of people. Those who love licorice and those who hate it. I hate it . Nevertheless I think it’s looking pretty enough to be drawn :).
May 26, 2007 § 7 Comments
These are my two mag lite flashlights. Drawn next to each other for size comparison.
The small flashlight can be attached to a key-holder.
The large one is really heavy and I do not use it often. I keep it next to my bed just in case I could need it at night. It’s annoying that one has to change all those batteries every three years.
May 20, 2007 § 10 Comments