Waterlily lake – finished
February 17, 2008 § 3 Comments
Finishing this piece was quite tough for me, since things didn’t work out quite the way they were expected to. I do admit that it was my fault, I should have sticked to the values I established in my underpainting, but I always like to do changes along the way when I start painting. Most of the times this my procedure works well, but sometimes it doesn’t. Don’t even ask me how many layers of color I’ve added to this painting trying to correct it here a little bit and there a little bit. (Let’s just say by far too many :). ) Now I decided that it would be better to leave it alone the way it is now, for it can only get worse.